Here are two common phrases that indicate how anger gets inside your body…
“…makes my blood boil…”
This is obviously indicating to the rise in temperature one feels when angry and maybe the flushing of the face and chest area.
“…I’m so livid…”
In Traditional Chinese Medicine, the Liver (livid) is said to be the seat of anger.
Anger, irritation, agitation and frustration creates a major stress on your brain and body. It drains your energy, your ability to think straight and make clear decisions. Anger depletes your ability to fight illness and disease particularly of the heart and hormone balances. It’s well-known by scientists that angry feelings cause the heart to have an irregular beat which means it ages us very quickly. The brain, particularly the right prefrontal cortex, is involved with experiencing and storing stress, including anger, anxiety and depression.
So, here’s a simple and natural way to stop the destructive force of anger in your body using very effective self hypnosis…
- Begin by relaxing different parts of your body, such as the face, eyes and jaw; maybe your hands and feet.
- Just experience feeling the muscles relax and become softer. Take a few moments to do this.
- Next, focus on your breathing by imagining your breath flowing in and out of your heart and chest area. Breathing a little slower and deeper than usual.
- Feel and picture your ribcage expanding on each and every breath and at the same time relax and soften your back muscles even more.
- Now, when you’re ready, focus your attention in the area of your heart.
- Have a sense of calmness and being supported as you breathe.
- As you keep your focus on your heart area, start to create a renewing, uplifting feeling, Do this by really think about what you love to do.
- Complete absorb your thoughts on what you enjoy doing and feeling.
- Picture in your mind what you are doing that you love so much.
- Is there any sounds or tastes associated with what you really enjoy?
- Continue to do this until you’re calm and peaceful.