A clean body is a healthy body Detox and feel the difference
Toxins such as plastics, heavy metals, pesticides, and chemicals can cause diseases such as heart disease, arthritis and cancer. Accumulations of environmental and food-related toxins are rapidly being recognized as a cause of poor organ function and a likely contributor to a number of conditions. Through careful history, advanced laboratory diagnostic testing we are able to identify toxicity and create a gentle yet powerful personalized detoxification program.
What do toxins do? Why detoxify?In the Blue-Zones where people live healthy, productive lives to above age 80, daily detoxification is enhanced due to the structure of the water, colloidal minerals in the soil and general lack of toxins. Most of us are exposed daily to high levels of toxins (i.e. chemicals, pesticides, water contaminants, food preservatives, heavy metals and electromagnetic radiation) through our food, water, air, body and home products. These toxins lodge in the bowel, liver, gallbladder, kidneys, lymphatic system, skin and especially fat tissue. The toxic build up prevents the normal uptake and utilization of nutrients, carbohydrates and proteins. It reduces the body’s oxygen uptake and creates an acidic, septic, low-energy state, prone to disease.
Toxic build up contributes to inflammatory conditions like:
- Allergies and sinus conditions
- Skin conditions (such as acne, eczema, and psoriasis)
- Joint pain, arthritis
- Chronic fatigue and fibromyalgia
- Digestive problems (such as irritable bowel syndrome, constipation and inflammatory bowel disease)
- Hormonal imbalance (such as PMS, PCOS, endometriosis, fibroids and menopausal symptoms)
- Weight gain
- Alzheimer’s, diabetes, hypertension, high cholesterol
Detoxification aids the body to function optimally by stimulating the body’s natural means of processing and eliminating. It reverses the body’s acidic state and oxygenates the cells so they can function optimally.
Who Should Detoxify?
It is not a question of whether you’ve been exposed to toxins – the question is how much impact they are having on your health. So, anyone who desires:
- correction of disease
- or prevention of disease
should detoxify daily and also seasonally with a specific protocol to enhance the body’s natural mechanisms of detoxification. More specifically those who want to optimize disease prevention and cure, hormone therapy, weight loss, cholesterol, diabetic/ sugar control should follow a basic daily detoxification protocol and repeat seasonally.
How to Detoxify?
There are two parts to effective detoxification. The first step is to reduce toxic exposures and the second step is to enhance the body’s ability to eliminate toxins daily through the bowel, liver, gallbladder, lymphatic system, kidney and skin.
Step 1 is to Reduce toxic exposures to substances,
Step 2 is to increase elimination of toxins for 8 weeks, then resume daily detoxification methods.
Reduce toxic exposures to substances:
Toxins from House Products and daily activities:
- Household cleaners
- Paint & Glue
How to Reduce exposure?
- Use vinegar, lemon, lemon oil, baking soda and other natural, edible, ingredients for cleaning.
- City Maid Green and Little Green Spa are local examples toxic free
- Down Load App https://www.thinkdirtyapp.com/, EWG.com and screen products for safety. If the product is not listed use general principles.
- Use natural substances for insulation of home. For example: glue and paint as available from https://eartheasy.com/
Toxins from food and drink:
- Heavy metal in large fish and amalgams
- Contaminated water
- Chlorinated and brominated products
How to Reduce exposure?
- Eat Organic Food, fruits, vegetables
- Drink filtered, chlorine-free, structured water.
- Shower in chlorine-free water.
- Avoid Processed/ boxed/ canned foods
- Read the labels for ingredients. If an ingredient does not sound like food, it probably is not food.
- Avoid King Mackerel, Swordfish, Tilefish, Shark.
- Eat Flouder, Salmon, Sardines, Herring, Catfish, http://fishcooking.about.com/od/howtochoosefreshfish/bb/mercury_fish.htm
- Limit alcohol to less than 3 drinks per week.
- Get tested for heavy metals through urine challenge test.
- Petroleum-based preservatives in skin and hair care products
- Nail polish & Perfumes
How to Reduce exposure?
- What is applied to your skin is absorbed like you put it in your mouth. So, if you would not eat it remain cautious about applying to your body.
- Even “organic” products may be preserved with toxins so look for essential oil preservatives on label such as orange oil and lemon oil.
- Make your own skin lotions with organic shea butter, coconut oil, jojoba, olive oil and essential oils
ElectroMagnetic Fields EMF:
- Cell phones, WiFi
- Cordless phones, SMART meter, Air planes
- Hospital radiology departments
How to Reduce exposure?
- Keep cell phones, WiFi, electronic clocks and computers at least 8 feet distance, especially where you sleep. Turn off WiFi at nite
- Protect your home by applying Volcanic Ash (Dragonite from PRL) around entire house, 2 feet deep and around SMART Meters)
- Remove SMART Meters through electric company
- Apply an energy tested EMF protection device to your phone (q-disk or Defender Shield)
Increase elimination of toxins: Basic detoxification Protocol takes 4 weeks
- Drink >100 ounces of structured water with PRL Pink Salt and lemon
- Add Probiotics as fermented foods and supplements
- Drink organic, pressed juices
- Eat 50% vegetables with every meal
- Breathe deeply and exercise daily (Use rebounder 10 minutes) Or Exercise With Oxygen Therapy (EWOT) or Far-Infra Red Sauna
- Stay Positive and Joyous and say NO to toxic associations
Make sure your urine pH in morning is >6.7 so daily detoxification is optimal
Basic, seasonal detoxification 8 weeks (4 week bowel, 4 week liver etc) suggest 2 times
Week 1: 7 day Vegetable Cleanse, Vegetables only from cleansing vegetable list below
- Eat 8 different colors of vegetables per day in soups, salads, roasted, and stewed. Organic preferred. The more raw food the better. Eat lots of crucifers. Refer to vegetable list.
- Avoid Meat, fish, eggs, dairy as they increase burden on intestines.
- Avoid Fried, charred, overcooked, microwaved, canned, processed and boxed foods.
- Avoid coffee, tea, soda as they are acid forming.
- Drink >100 ounces of pure water with Pink Salt with lemon
Week 2-8 and indefinitely
- Maintain plate ratio for each meal of 50% vegetables cooked or raw, 25% complex carbohydrates, 25% lean protein (meat, fish or plant protein such as hemp, rice, lentil)
It is recommended to consume supplements (herbs and fibers) that aid in detoxification, promote the peristaltic action of the bowel, and enhance the liver’s ability to detoxify in phase 1 and 2.
Lettuce (Spring Mix)
Olives (5-6 day)
Snow Peas Spinach
*Lentils & Peas up to ¾ cup cooked combined with 2 cup vegetables cooked.
Water: Water source should be filtered, structured, unchlorinated (Mountain Valley Spring Water, ECHO, AlkaViva). Make Ball jars or pitchers >100 ounces in morning with lime, lemon, tangerine (any citrus), add a dash of pink salt and consume throughout the day. Try adding cucumber, mint, cilantro, strawberry, apple for variety. Avoid plastic water bottles whenever possible as they leach BPA’s from the plastic as the water is added to recycled plastic when it is hot. You can add sea minerals, potassium citrate, or bicarbonate soda as needed.
Fiber: Aim for 30-40 grams per day best found in whole foods. Prune juice is in the regimen for fiber.
pH: Maintain an overall balanced body pH is critical for tuning the efficiency of the bodies natural detoxification pathways. We recommend patients check the first morning’s urinary pH as the best measure of total body acid/base balance. To do this: collect your first mornings urine (first void after 5am) and dip a pH test meter into the urine and record this number. Ideal range is 6.7-7.0, if you are below 6.7 your body is creating more acidic waste than can be diluted by the water you drink and balanced by minerals contained in the soft tissue. Your body is crying for more minerals, to boost into range we recommend using Organic Pressed Juices and PRL Pink Salt or Potassium Citrate in increasing amounts till you come into range and hold there.
Vegetables: Natures detoxifier, vegetables contain large amounts of the previously mentioned items, they are high in water and fiber, green vegetables also help to balance your bodies pH. As a food source it is very difficult to take to much of this or trigger a “cleansing crisis”. Target 60-80% of your daily food intake as vegetables with half of this raw. Be sure to wash all foods in a mild cider vinegar to clean away and wax coatings and remove bacteria and viruses.
Clay: The majority of indigenous cultures around the world as well as most animal species have instinctual knowledge of clay consumption. Consuming a bentonite clay supplement will allow the body to eliminate more toxins via absorption and adsorption. We recommend calcium bentonite clay as opposed to the more common sodium bentonite because the particle size is smaller and thus has a greater affinity for toxins while sparing critical minerals like Calcium, Magnesium and Zinc. The Product we like is Medi-Clay FX.
- Regular bowel movements, more energy, decreased arthritic pains
- Better function of hormones, nutrients and enzymes
- Decreased cholesterol 20-30%
- Decreased sugars 20-30%
- Weight loss of 10-20 pounds